Suitable: Years 11-12
This session covers the key knowledge and skills pertaining to Unit 4 AoS 2 surrounding ergogenic aids and recovery methods and strategies. It can be used as an introduction to the content or as an advanced session to consolidate student knowledge and understanding.
Students will conduct hydration testing in our sports science laboratory and develop a drinking regimen to enhance endurance performance under the supervision of a sport scientist. The session will also include the development of a recovery program by students to use with their sport. Teachers can use the hydration data and recovery programs developed to direct classroom discussion.
Session topics include:
- Recovery methods- compression garments, massage, hydrotherapy
- Nutrition strategies- before, during and after different sports events
- Hydration strategies- hypertonic vs. isotonic sports drinks
- Legal vs. illegal substances- compare the perceived benefits vs. potential risks
- Role and rationale of anti-doping codes (ASADA, WADA)
- Perform hydration testing and develop a drinking strategy for an endurance event
- Develop a recovery strategy for their own sport- including nutrition recommendations
The cost of your session is based upon the student numbers identified on your booking request. In the event that additional students attend the session on the day an updated invoice will be sent to your school for payment.
1-20 students: $33.00 per student
21-25 students: $660.00 (flat rate)
26+ students: $660.00 (up to 25 students) + $33.00 per student in addition.
Please note: – A minimum cost of $660 applies to bookings of 20 students or less when opening a new session. If your students are joining an already existing session, prices are as per schedule above.
How to book your sessions
Submit your session requests below and we will be back in contact with you within 2-3 working days. Please note: schools may be combined to accommodate demand. Maximum of 70 students per session.
Can’t decide which activity would best suit your students…
We are here to help! Just give our office a call on (03) 9480 1800 and speak with one of our education team or email firstname.lastname@example.org