Suitable: Years 9-10
This practical session is designed for students seeking to learn about the industry of sports science and high performance.
Students will gain an insight into the practices of an applied sports scientist and the technology used to improve an athlete’s performance. It will provide students with firsthand experience of what a sports scientist does day-to-day and the paths that lead to a career in this industry.
Session topics include:
- Roles of a sports scientist and career pathways
- Athlete body composition assessment- skinfolds, height, mass (weight)
- Laboratory high performance testing- aerobic (VO2max) test
- Strength & power high performance sports testing
- Use your own student’s test data to explain relative vs. absolute VO2max
- Compare and discuss the VO2max results of different sports (norms)
The cost of your session is based upon the student numbers identified on your booking request. In the event that additional students attend the session on the day an updated invoice will be sent to your school for payment.
1-20 students: $33.00 per student
21-25 students: $660.00 (flat rate)
26+ students: $660.00 (up to 25 students) + $33.00 per student in addition.
Please note: – A minimum cost of $660 applies to bookings of 20 students or less when opening a new session. If your students are joining an already existing session, prices are as per schedule above.
How to book your sessions
Submit your session requests below and we will be back in contact with you within 2-3 working days. Please note: schools may be combined to accommodate demand. Maximum of 70 students per session.
Can’t decide which activity would best suit your students…
We are here to help! Just give our office a call on (03) 9480 1800 and speak with one of our education team or email email@example.com