Suitable: Years 11-12
This session covers the key knowledge and skills pertaining to Unit 4 AoS 1 regarding the assessment of fitness prior to the development of a 6-week training program. It can be used as an introduction to the content of fitness testing or as an advanced session to consolidate student knowledge and understanding
Students will work with one of our sports scientists to apply knowledge of fitness testing protocols to create their own test battery specific to the sport of their (class) choice. Teachers may elect in advance to use the software VisualCoaching pro during this session to develop and report students’ test results. Students will walk away with from this session with their own fitness test report that can be undertaken as part of the requirements of this area of study.
Session topics include:
- Principles of fitness testing- applied to laboratory vs. field tests
- Testing protocols- identify and describe for a range of sports e.g. AFL (National Combine)
- Fitness components- identify test protocols used to assess a component of fitness
- Develop your own student fitness testing battery specific to a sport of your choice
- Students will undertake a range* of fitness assessments including: muscular power, strength, endurance, anaerobic capacity (treadmill), flexibility, core stability and body composition ( *5-6 tests to be pre-selected by teachers for their class)
- Fitness assessment report- provided to students for entry of their own fitness results inclusive of normative sports data for comparison and discussion in the classroom
The cost of your session is based upon the student numbers identified on your booking request. In the event that additional students attend the session on the day an updated invoice will be sent to your school for payment.
1- 20 students: $33.00 per student
21-25 students: $660.00 (flat rate)
26+ students: $660.00 (up to 25 students) + $33.00 per student in addition.
How to book your sessions
Submit your session requests below and we will be back in contact with you within 2-3 working days. Please note: schools may be combined to accommodate demand. Maximum of 70 students per session.
Can’t decide which activity would best suit your students…
We are here to help! Just give our office a call on (03) 9480 1800 and speak with one of our education team or email email@example.com