Suitable: Years 11-12
This session covers the key knowledge and skills pertaining to Unit 3 AoS 2 surrounding fatigue mechanisms and their application to sporting events. It can be used as an introduction to the content or as an advanced session to consolidate student knowledge and understanding.
Students will have the opportunity to see and assist with undertaking a lactate (LIP) test in our national sports science laboratory under the guidance of an ERA sports scientist. One student per session will be selected to perform the test with an additional two students asked to volunteer to have their resting blood lactate level taken. Teachers will be provided with a test report showing the laboratory data to use in the class for discussion or SAC purposes.
Session topics include:
- Classification of fatigue (central vs. local)
- Identify each fatigue mechansim- fuel depletion, accumulation byproducts, thermoregulatory
- Lactic acid production and hydrogen ion accumulation specific to energy system use
- Apply each mechanism in relation to anaerobic vs. aerobic events (summary tables)
- Discuss the multifactorial nature of fatigue using real examples & exam questions
- Use your own student’s test data to graph and identify their LIP
- Explain the affect of training on LIP using your student’s test data
The cost of your session is based upon the student numbers identified on your booking request. In the event that additional students attend the session on the day an updated invoice will be sent to your school for payment.
1- 20 students: $33.00 per student
21-25 students: $660.00 (flat rate)
26+ students: $660.00 (up to 25 students) + $33.00 per student in addition.
How to book your sessions
Submit your session requests below and we will be back in contact with you within 2-3 working days. Please note: schools may be combined to accommodate demand. Maximum of 70 students per session.
Can’t decide which activity would best suit your students…
We are here to help! Just give our office a call on (03) 9480 1800 and speak with one of our education team or email email@example.com