Suitable: Years 11-12
This session covers the key knowledge and skills pertaining to Unit 4 AoS 1 regarding the development of a 6-week training program. It can be as an introduction to the content or as an advanced session to consolidate student knowledge and understanding.
Students will work with one of our sports scientists to apply knowledge of training principles and methods to create their own 6-week training program specific to the sport of their (class) choice. Teachers may elect in advance to use the software VisualCoaching pro during this session to develop students’ training programs. Students will walk away from this session with a 6-week training program that can be undertaken as part of the requirements of this area of study.
Session topics include:
- Fitness components- define and identify within real sporting examples
- Training principles- define and describe using example training programs
- Training methods- identify in relation to enhancing a component of fitness
- Identify goals of the 6-week training program specific to fitness components selected
- Develop the 6-week training program by correct application of training methods
- Develop the 6-week training program via correct application of training principles
The cost of your session is based upon the student numbers identified on your booking request. In the event that additional students attend the session on the day an updated invoice will be sent to your school for payment.
1- 20 students: $33.00 per student
21-25 students: $660.00 (flat rate)
26+ students: $660.00 (up to 25 students) + $33.00 per student in addition.
How to book your sessions
Submit your session requests below and we will be back in contact with you within 2-3 working days. Please note: schools may be combined to accommodate demand. Maximum of 70 students per session.
Can’t decide which activity would best suit your students…
We are here to help! Just give our office a call on (03) 9480 1800 and speak with one of our education team or email email@example.com