ERA Exercise Science Professional Graduate, December 2014
- Certificate III and IV in Fitness, Exercise Research Australia
- Certificate III and IV in Allied Health, Exercise Research Australia
- Punchfit Trainer Accredited 2015
- Level 2 First Aid and CPR
- Currently completing 4 Steps to a Successful Bootcamp Level 1 and 2 via Fitness Education Network
- Personal Trainer: ‘Energise Group Fitness and Personal Training’ Outdoor Boxing and Exercise classes
- Allied Health Assistant at ERA: Development, integration and delivery of a falls prevention exercise program at Gold Age Aged Care facility in Camberwell, while supervising ERA students
- on Allied Heath placement
Responsibilities in current role:
Guiding and assisting students to familiarise themselves with the capabilities and personalities of all the residents, understand the integrated exercise program from ERA, the reasoning behind setting up the program and why particular exercises have been incorporated. The goal is that over a period of several weeks students are able to adapt to the requirements of the older adult and conduct the program safely themselves with minimal assistance, thereby encouraging leadership skills in students.
How ERA has helped me:
ERA has given me the skills, confidence and mindset to go out into the industry and have the opportunity to be successful. The team at ERA has always been available to me for guidance and advice even after completion of my studies, which indicates to me what a supportive learning facility they are. They taught me that it is important to be available to opportunities as they present themselves and always be open minded to career possibilities. The Opportunity for employment at ERA transpired after maintaining contact with the facility, and by been open to voluntary prospects as they arose.