Program with real industry experience
This nationally recognised training qualification is designed to provide you with the necessary skills to enter and be successful in the allied health industry. The program provides you with the skills and knowledge to directly assist Physiotherapists and other Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) in the allied health sector. You will learn how to deliver therapeutic and rehabilitation programs to improve client mobility, health and fitness.
Completion of this program will enable you to work alongside AHPs such as Physiotherapists, Accredited Exercise Physiologists and/or Occupational Therapists. You will learn how to work effectively in a clinical, hospital or private setting with AHPs to improve the daily function of their clients. Upon successful completion of the program you will be able to assist the development and delivery of client programs including therapeutic interventions.
Who can apply for a La Trobe University Student Internship position with ERA?
This Internship program is offered exclusively to La Trobe students currently studying Exercise and Sports Science who are seeking to work in the allied health industry.
Successful completion of this program will provide students with a Nationally Recognised Training qualification, HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy). Students will also complete a number of masterclasses (non-accredited certificates – see list below). All applicants will be assessed to determine their suitability, and ability to meet the program commitments including training and assessment requirements as well as industry placement hours, prior to acceptance as a Student Intern.
Secure at least 120 hours of placement across a range of workplaces:
- Private physiotherapy practices
- Game days with sports physiotherapists
- Health and fitness centres
- Community health facilities
- Sports injury & rehabilitation facilities
- Hospital rehabilitation centres
- Exercise Research Australia (ERA)
Hand your future employers a resume that stands out:
- HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy)¹
- ERA Anthropometrist (Body Composition) certificate²
- Introduction to Olympic lifting certificate²
- Introduction to Sports taping certificate²
- Level 1 Mobility & movement certificate²
- Level 1 Visualcoaching certificate²
- Level 1 Sport science certificate²
- Fundamentals of Exercise prescription certificate²
- ¹Nationally Recognised Training qualification
- ²ERA non-accredited certificate
You will develop your industry skill set by learning how to:
- Undertake client prescreening & health asessments
- Assist delivery of injury & rehabilitation programs
- Develop advanced exercise programs
- Undertake sports performance testing
- Conduct a functional analysis with a client
- Perform a biomechanical analysis of common movements
- Correct or modify a client’s exercise technique
- Work as part of an allied health team to assist a physio
The next steps…
For more information regarding how to apply and your steps for enrolment..
Need more info?
Applications CLOSE: To be confirmed
Commences: July 2019
Duration: 11-12 months
Cost: All student fees (services & amenities, tuition) are paid by La Trobe University as part of their placement program. This program is subject to eligibility* criteria.
To view our current list of Training Fees and Charges detailing all costs that may be incurred throughout your program click here.
*Contact Nathan in our office to check your eligibility to obtain a Commonwealth and State funded training place under the Skills First initiative. Students seeking a subsidised training place must meet the Skills First eligibility requirements as set by the Victorian Department of Education and Training at the time of enrolment and/or prior to course commencement to receive a subsidy towards their training tuition fee from the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments.