Program with real industry experience
This nationally recognised training qualification is designed to provide you with the necessary skills to enter and be successful in the allied health industry. The program provides you with the skills and knowledge to directly assist Physiotherapists and other Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) in the allied health sector. You will learn how to deliver therapeutic and rehabilitation programs to improve client mobility, health and fitness.
Completion of this program will enable you to work alongside AHPs such as Physiotherapists, Accredited Exercise Physiologists and/or Occupational Therapists. You will learn how to work effectively in a clinical, hospital or private setting with AHPs to improve the daily function of their clients. Upon successful completion of the program you will be able to assist the development and delivery of client programs including therapeutic interventions.
Who can apply for a Student Internship position?
Our Student Internship program is offered exclusively to students currently studying or applying to study Exercise and Sports Science; Physiotherapy or Applied Health Sciences who are seeking to work in the allied health industry.
Successful completion of this program will provide students with a Nationally Recognised Training qualification, Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (HLT43015), as well as a number of ERA certificates (complete list below). All applicants will be assessed to determine their suitability, and ability to meet the program commitments including training and assessment requirements as well as industry placement hours, prior to acceptance as an ERA Student Intern.
Secure 120+ hours of placement across a range of workplaces:
- Private physiotherapy practices
- Game days with sports physiotherapists
- Health and fitness centres
- Community health facilities
- Sports injury & rehabilitation facilities
- Hospital rehabilitation centres
- Exercise Research Australia (ERA)
Hand your future employers a resume that stands out:
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance HLT43015 (Physiotherapy)^
- Introduction to Olympic lifting certificate*
- Introduction to Sports taping certificate*
- Level 1 Mobility & movement certificate*
- Level 1 Visualcoaching certificate*
- Experience in a selection of additional services within high performance
- ^Nationally Recognised qualification.
- *Masterclass – designed by ERA, non-accredited.
You will develop your industry skill set by learning how to:
- Undertake client prescreening & health asessments
- Assist delivery of injury & rehabilitation programs
- Develop advanced exercise programs for a range of clients
- Undertake sports performance testing
- Conduct functional analysis with a client
- Perform biomechanical analysis of common movements
- Correct or modify a client’s exercise technique
- Work as part of an allied health team
|Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (HLT43015)||December 2018||December 2019||TBC||Face-to-face & online||Melbourne|
|Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (HLT43015)||March 2019||March 2020||TBC||Face-to-face & online||Melbourne|
Information for your next steps
Commences: December 2018
Duration: 11-12 months
Commitment: 8 – 12 hours/week
Program breaks: 5 weeks over Dec – Jan and for University exams
We understand that fees can be confusing, so give us a call and we can talk you through the process and your individual circumstances.
To view our current list of Training Fees and Charges detailing all costs that may be incurred throughout your program click here.
*Students seeking a subsidised training place must meet the Skills First eligibility requirements as set by the Victorian Department of Education and Training at the time of enrolment and/or prior to course commencement to receive a subsidy towards their training tuition fee from the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments.
The next steps…
For more information regarding how to apply and your steps for enrolment..