Program with real industry experience
This nationally recognised training qualification is designed to provide you with the necessary skills to enter and be successful in the allied health industry. The program provides you with the skills and knowledge to directly assist Physiotherapists and other Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) in the allied health sector. You will learn how to deliver therapeutic and rehabilitation programs to improve client mobility, health and fitness.
Completion of this program will enable you to work alongside AHPs such as Physiotherapists, Accredited Exercise Physiologists and/or Occupational Therapists. You will learn how to work effectively in a clinical, hospital or private setting with AHPs to improve the daily function of their clients. Upon successful completion of the program you will be able to assist the development and delivery of client programs including therapeutic interventions.
Who can apply for a Student Internship position?
Our Student Internship program is offered exclusively to students currently studying or applying to study Exercise and Sports Science; Physiotherapy or Applied Health Sciences who are seeking to work in the allied health industry.
Successful completion of this program will provide students with a Nationally Recognised Training qualification, HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy). Students will also complete a number of masterclasses (non-accredited certificates – see list below). All applicants will be assessed to determine their suitability, and ability to meet the program commitments including training and assessment requirements as well as industry placement hours, prior to acceptance as an ERA Student Intern.
Secure at least 140+ hours of placement across a range of workplaces:
- Private physiotherapy practices
- Game days with sports physiotherapists
- Health and fitness centres
- Community health facilities
- Sports injury & rehabilitation facilities
- Hospital rehabilitation centres
- Exercise Research Australia (ERA)
Hand your future employers a resume that stands out:
- HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy)¹
- Introduction to Olympic lifting Certificate²
- Introduction to Sports taping Certificate²
- Mobility & movement Certificate²
- Visualcoaching Certificate²
- Sports Science Certificate²
- Fundamentals of Exercise prescription Certificate²
- ¹Nationally Recognised Training qualification
- ²ERA non-accredited certificate
You will develop your industry skill set by learning how to:
- Undertake client prescreening & health asessments
- Assist delivery of injury & rehabilitation programs
- Develop advanced exercise programs for a range of clients
- Undertake sports performance testing
- Conduct functional analysis with a client
- Perform biomechanical analysis of common movements
- Correct or modify a client’s exercise technique
- Work as part of an allied health team
|Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (HLT43015)||April 2019||April 2020||Thursday||Face-to-face & online||Thornbury|
Duration: 11-12 months
Commitment: 10 – 14 hours/week
Program breaks: We ensure we create a class schedule for our program that still allows you to concentrate on your university exam commitments.
We understand that fees can be confusing. To view our current list of Training Fees and Charges detailing all costs that may be incurred throughout your program click here.
*Students seeking a subsidised training place must meet the Skills First eligibility requirements as set by the Victorian Department of Education and Training at the time of enrolment and/or prior to course commencement to receive a subsidy towards their training tuition fee from the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments.